[Hawkular-dev] how to get literal $ in .xsl

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed May 27 13:51:21 EDT 2015

BTW: if anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.

In the agent configuration, Thomas H. wanted to be able to configure the agent to talk over a different IP/port than localhost:8080 (specifically the one Wildfly binds to - jboss.bind.address and jboss.http.port).

In the standalone.xml config, this actually works:

        <storage-adapter type="HAWKULAR"
                         username="jdoe"
                         password="password"
                         url="http://${jboss.bind.address:127.0.0.1}:${jboss.http.port:8080}"/>

However, when I try to get that url value to be added to the default standalone.xml via our XSL, I get an error.

So, this line here:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular/blob/mazz/wip/dist/src/main/resources/wildfly/patches/standalone.xsl#L247

I want to be:

url="http://${jboss.bind.address:127.0.0.1}:${jboss.http.port:8080}"/>

But XSL parser dies. I tried using "\$" and "&#36;" to no avail. Anyone know how to get a literal $ to be parsed here?