[Hawkular-dev] logging categories

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri May 29 07:01:38 EDT 2015

Well, I can only speak for me - I'll let others chime in as to how they like to work. Maybe I'm in a minority, I don't know.

When I'm developing, I'm running "standalone.sh" and watching the console. I like to see my DEBUG msgs on the console. If we only do it for log files, then I'm forced to run standalone.sh in background (or run it in another command line window) and then tail the log file. Extra steps I have to do for each run of my server that I would prefer not to do.

So to recap, before yesterday, I would do:

standalone.sh

If we keep with the standalone-itest.xml and only put debug msgs in log files, I would do:

standalone.sh -c standalone-itest.xml &
tail -f ../standalone/log/server.log

I like just running "standalone.sh" :)