[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics + Hawkular Alerts - Phase 0

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 12:48:05 EST 2015

Le 09/11/2015 18:10, Stefan Negrea a écrit :
> Hello Thomas,
>
> So far there is no concrete proposal, only why things should not be done; which equates to inaction. I am not the most imaginative person on the planet so I might fail on that front, but I think the plan that I proposed had some cohesion and it was forward looking.
>

> Here is a good course of action:
> 1) Propose something new; completely new or partially new
> 2) Get the majority of the group (Metrics + Alerts teams) to agree on the path
> 3) Create the plan to accomplish it and lead the group to implement the plan

I understand the goals of your proposal. I'm simply opposed to
re-writing what already exists, unless it is proven that it is broken.

Given the stress you rightfully put on moving fast, improving the
existing system seems like a reasonable approach.

Now maybe you didn't know the features are already there, but they are.

> Thank you,
> Stefan Negrea

>>> 2) Build something simple that enables more complicated features in the