[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics + Hawkular Alerts - Phase 0

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 14:08:16 EST 2015

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 1:58 PM, Lucas Ponce <lponce at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> The public APIs in Hawkular are the REST APIs. The REST APIs are
>> the only “supported” public APIs.
>
> As far as I remember, there was a discussion that Java API is also "supported".
>
> That was main reason we tried to unify naming of packaging.
>
> For example, all org.hawkular.<component>.api packages should be considered also "supportable".
>
> So, communication via Java API should be feasible.

I guess this is something that should be discussed and clearly communicated.  I have been under the impression, and maybe it is in part due to how things were done in RHQ, that internal Java API could change freely between releases. Users and 3rd party clients are free to use those APIs but at your own risk with respect to backwards compatibility.