[Hawkular-dev] versioning schema

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 09:36:30 EST 2015

The mentioned link does not mention .Final-SNAPSHOT anywhere.
Either x.y.z-SNAPSHOT (which has other issues, as discussed)
or x.y.z-Final.
(but then it does not even mention SNAPSHOT :-).

On 11 Nov 2015, at 14:57, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> I like and use x.y.z.Final-SNAPSHOT if only because the mvn release
> plugin sets that all automatically for you. You just hit <enter> at
> the prompts and go. If you use x.y.x-SNAPSHOT you have to remember to
> change the value of the version at the mvn release plugin prompt,
> which can lead to typos/fat-fingering the version string ;)
>
> Make it easy on ourselves - just use x.y.z.ABC-SNAPSHOT - and let the
> mvn release plugin automatically determine the versions for us.

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Paul Hickey,
Charlie Peters