[Hawkular-dev] Cassandra and DataStax driver versions

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 11:07:54 EST 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Thomas Segismont <tsegismo at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Le 17/11/2015 16:41, Peter Palaga a écrit :
>> A related topic: Juca has recently created C+ driver module in
>> hawkular-common [1]. The motivation is that ATM, pretty much every HK
>> component is using the c* driver and pretty much every HK component is
>> packaging the driver into its war/ear thus unnecessarily increasing the
>> size of the HK main distro. With this new module the components can
>> assume the driver is provided and do not need to include it in their
>> wars/ears. Does anybody have a problem with this approach?
>
> I'm perfectly fine with this.

I’m fine with this as well. It is a step in the right direction; however, I think ultimately we should be using the same physical session object since we are communicating with the same physical cluster. To achieve this, I think a resource adapter is likely the best solution, but I don’t yet have any experience with writing resource adapters.