[Hawkular-dev] Cassandra and DataStax driver versions

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 11:12:51 EST 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Juraci Paixão Kröhling <jpkroehling at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 13.11.2015 20:46, John Sanda wrote:
>> Are there any questions, comments, concerns, objections, etc.?
>
> I'd ask to do this change in at least a week. I use cassandra-unit for
> Accounts unit tests and it seems there were already some breaking
> changes between 2.2 and 2.3, so, I'm concerned that there would be even
> bigger changes in 3.0.
>
> - Juca.

Since we already released metrics with Cassandra 2.2 in OpenShift, we also need to think about how to handle that. When you are upgrading across major versions, I believe that you are supposed to run upgrade the sstableupgrade script on each table. We will need to review the C* docs for any other upgrade tasks that might need to be performed and figure out the best way to handle them.