[Hawkular-dev] Towards WildFly 10: hawkular-parent 26 released

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 16:27:01 EST 2015

Hi *,

Important: hawkular-parent 26 should not be consumed by component
versions that go to tomorrow's Hawkular M7

When should HK components start using hawkular-parent 26? - The
upgrading should go bottom-up through the dependency tree [4]. I'll try
to coordinate the process. ATM, we have working builds in commons and
accounts. jsanda is working on bus and I am working in the new nest repo.

hawkular-parent 26 brings the upgrade to WildFly 10 CR4. Related
dependencies (wf-core, dmr, ...) were upgraded too.

* srcdeps-maven-plugin related changes:
  * srcdeps-maven-plugin upgraded to version 0.0.9
  * srcdeps-maven-plugin now allows for per srcdep git repository build
    profiles and properties - e.g. keycloak is built with distribution
    profile [1]
  * keycloak srcdep config was added just in case we should need it in
    course of upgrading to WildFly 10

* wildfly-server-provisioning-maven-plugin and
wildfly-feature-pack-build-maven-plugin were added - see [2]

* org.jboss.common:jboss-common-beans was added to bring a replacement
for StringPropertyReplacer that is not available in WF10. See e.g. [3]

[1]
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-parent-pom/blob/f5504901de7ae52cdd7ed12796cb41738cd1e5be/pom.xml#L668
[2] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/WildflyBuildProcess
[3]