[Hawkular-dev] Resourcetype again

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 09:39:26 EDT 2015

Hey,

I want to pick up this discussion again. Especially as we had a point in
time some days ago, where the agent code was supporting the "JDR"
operation, but only the Hawkular-server-internal one had it in its
meta-data, while a standalone one was missing it, which was
inconsistent.

I have attached a diagram, that I labeled "Fallback"-Graph. Basically a
type on the top, if it does not exist yet in inventory, the code should
be fall back to the definition below.
E.g. if a WildFly10 server definition does not yet exist, the one for
WF9 should be taken.

There are tricky places though:
- Product 2.1 may run on top of a Product 1, but also get some
additional capabilities from Infinispan 8
- Product 2 may be a Hawkular Server, but where some experimental
features are disabled. It will also run on top of Product 1, while the
Hawkular Server runs on top of WF9
- Product 1 may have a reduced feature set over WF 10