[Hawkular-dev] Resourcetype again

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 02:56:29 EDT 2015

On 6 Oct 2015, at 2:30, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> And a major question still to be addressed is how and when does the
> agent get the type metadata? Right now, it "owns" the metadata in
> standalone.xml. But it would be nice for metadata to be downloaded
> from the hawkular
> server - if there is no metadata available, then the

Yes, the agent should download it from the server
for all those types where we have explicit support
in clients like the UI.

> agent can fallback and use its standalone.xml definitions.

What I did not explicitly mention in my previous mail and the graphic is
that an agent would most probably be able to define their own type
extensions on top of what is there.

So the base type for e.g. a WildFly 9 would come from us (=defined on
the Hawkular server, valid for all feeds of that type) and an then a
user-defined type could be loaded  from the agent (and is then again
local to that feed).