[Hawkular-dev] [Metrics] Better REST API documentation, feedback needed

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 03:44:15 EDT 2015

Le 09/10/2015 19:35, Viet Nguyen a écrit :
> In general more concrete examples such as curl commands would be tremendously helpful.

+1

The most important examples I can think of:
- POST requests for new data
- GET requests for data
- GET requests for stats
- Tagging samples
- Find by tags samples

> 1. Explain 'start' and 'end' time range concept a bit more, Not everyone knows it is epoch in millisecond.  A visual explanation of raw vs aggregation data would be nice:
>
> x X x x x x X x x  raw data
>    ^start    ^end   -> now

Did you look at the latest version? In the "Time Ranges" section,
there's a cross-reference to the "Timestamps" section, which clearly
explains how Metrics understands timestamps.

+1 for visual explanations. But I'm not sure I get what you meant with
the schema.

> 2. How to use tags. Ex: tags=tagName:regexp,tagNameB:regexp

I suppose the examples mentioned above would do this.

> 3. An online sandbox to try out different api calls (similar to https://jsfiddle.net/)

You mean prepare javascript files for testing?
Or having a public server for testing?