[Hawkular-dev] Is this an applicable use-case for Hawkular

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:34:02 EDT 2015

Anton, yes, it can be a little confusing.  The Hawkular project is an
end-to-end monitoring and management tool focused on Red Hat software.
Today it basically offers a Wildfly agent for discovering and managing
app servers, their hosted apps, and all of the things that make up those
apps.  What is can handle grows with every release.  Hawkular leverages
a bunch of components to perform that job.  There is HK-Inventory to
represent a network of inventories resources (like an app server, a
datasource, a jvm, etc), HK-Metrics as a Cassandra-backed time-series
store, HK-Alerts as a Drools-backed alerting tool, HK-Accounts as a
KeyCloak backed multi-tenant/auth/authz tool, HK-Console for UI, HK-Bus
for a comm backbone, etc..

Some of the HK components, namely HK-Metrics and HK-Alerts support
standalone deployment outside of Hawkular.  They are named
Hawkular-Metrics and Hawkular-Alerts because they have been developed as
part of the Hawkular project, but they can be used independently.  Hope
that helps...