[Hawkular-dev] Add JDBC Driver support in Agent

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 07:18:59 EDT 2015

> >> So clearly, for now, we can support the standalone local mode using the
> >> same means as jboss-cli, but how should we proceed further?
> >
> > So that the agent subsystem can install the driver on the WF server it
> > is installed on ?
>
> Yes, exactly.

Do we need to make that distinction? In other words, is this only going to be able to deploy the driver on the WF server the agent is installed in?

The agent can manage/monitor a remote WF server (by "remote" I mean one where the agent is not co-located/installed in) - this could even be one WF server that is running on the SAME MACHINE as the agent WF server (even if its a different WF Server).

So I just want to be clear the limitations this will have. Will the agent:

1) only be able to install JDBC drivers on the WF server the agent is installed in?

or

2) only be able to install JDBC drivers on WF servers running on the same machine as the the agent?

or

3) Any remote or local WF Server?

I think you are saying this will only support 1). I just wanted to make sure that is the case.