[Hawkular-dev] communty distribution question

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 05:53:55 EDT 2016

On 29 Apr 2016, at 10:44, Gary Brown wrote:
> I think the problem we were looking to address here is making
> something easily consumable to help build the community.

Exactly.

As a user I want to be able to get Hawkular going in less than 5 minutes
to try
it and see data on screen.

> 1) The headless server with core services - so providing a community
> distribution of the server, with instructions on how to set up
> manageiq/provider. May not be straightforward initially, but this
> needs to be simplified for the benefit of both manageiq and other
> projects in Red Hat that are developing "providers".

I do not believe that requiring MiQ to see some data of my standalone
WildFly or IoT device(*) will improve Hawkular adoption.

> So at the moment I don't see a compelling reason for a fully
> integration community distribution with UI.

To reiterate: we will not support the app server tab going forward,
which may be have been the impression.

*) where IoT devices may possibly never make it into MiQ