[Hawkular-dev] communty distribution question

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 11:02:55 EDT 2016

The community is very important to us - as discussed on the recent call, it is essential to get bake time in the community before project's are productised.

But this is the key point - the community should be using the upstream version of what will be productised - not just the backend with a completely different front end.

The (MiQ MW) UI is also an important part of the upstream project(s) that needs bake time and community user feedback - so it is essential that community users are able to easily setup and use MiQ+provider+headless server.

If we are saying the only reason to have our own community distribution with hawkular specific UI is for ease of use, then it implies we don't care how complex our product is to setup. I think this is the wrong approach, we should use this difficulty in the current setup to motivate us to fix it rather than trying to avoid the issue.

Regards
Gary