[Hawkular-dev] Integration of APM into Hawkular Services

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 03:58:57 EDT 2016

I think you should extend APM to cover scenarios that are useful for "user
only interested in APM" and facilitate the future integration within
Hawkular services.

By this I mean things like:
   - Add APM alert capabilities by using Hawkular Alerting.

Now you may choose to:
   a - Add Hawkular Alerting in Hawkular APM package
   b - Require a separate install of Hawkular Services if a user wish to
use the alert capabilities (make it optional)

If you do something like this, when/if we decide to make APM a core part of
Hawkular Services, we can certainly collapse the 2 relatively easily, but I
wouldn't go for option 1 right away.

Does that make sense ?

Thomas