[Hawkular-dev] metrics on the bus

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 10:45:28 EDT 2016

We use JMS in large part because metrics and alerts  are in separate WARs (I realize JMS is used for other purposes, but I am speaking strictly about this scenario). Why not deploy metrics and alerts in the same WAR and altogether bypass JMS? As data points are ingested, we broadcast them using an Rx subject to which both metrics and alerts subscribe. We could do this is in away that still keeps metrics and alerts decoupled as they are today. We would also have the added benefit of having a stand alone deployment for metrics and alerts.