[Hawkular-dev] travis failures and srcdep plugin - need inventory release

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 17:03:29 EDT 2016

tl;dr; Lukas, I need inventory release so I can avoid using srcdep plugin

I have a srcdep dependency in the agent to pull in a specific version of inventory.

It fails to compile on travis. Some errors about generics that looks to be a bug in javac - a newer version seems to fix it. So I changed travis config so it runs on a different machine that gets a different java version.

I then get travis to fail on the enforcer mvn plugin with no details as to why:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce-rules) on project hawkular-inventory-parent: Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages explaining why the rule failed. -> [Help 1]

There are no specific messages above that explain the failure.

So, I can't get travis to pass my PR build with a inventory srcdep dependency. Thus, I need an inventory release.