[Hawkular-dev] change in hawkular wildfly agent platform resource type and metric type IDs

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 06:56:20 EDT 2016

> On 22.08.2016 22:08, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> > Besides, I don't think anyone is using the Platform resources now anyway
> > (the old Hawkular UI did, I think, but I don't think we do in the MiQ
> > stuff).
>
> Machine ID resides on the platform stuff (IIRC) and is being used by MiQ.

I didn't touch the machine ID naming (that is the name of a resource configuration property and remains as is).

> > But I bring this up just in case. Look at your stuff - do you use the
> > platform resources like Operating System, File Store, Memory, Processor,
> > etc??? If you do, and you hardcoded IDs, you need to change your code
> > (better yet, change your code so it doesn't hardcode and use the inventory
> > API to query the data instead).
>
> Is the Hard coded ID the "Operating System" name itself?

The *name* of the resource types did not change. Only the *ID* of the types changed. So you will still see the name of the resource type "Operating System".

Also, the resource *IDs* did not change. Only the resource *type* ID changed, as well as the metric type ID and metric instance ID changed.

The changes to the IDs are something like this:

Resource Type: From "Operating System" to "Platform_Operating System"
Metric type ID: From "Total Memory" to "Platform_Memory_Total Memory"
Metric ID: From "MI~R~[the-resource-id]~MT~Total Memory" to "MI~R~[the-resource-id]~MT~Platform_Memory_Total Memory"