[Hawkular-dev] Availability metrics: aggregate stats series

Joel Takvorian jtakvori at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 03:24:16 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm still aiming to add some features to the grafana plugin. I've started
to integrate availabilities, but now I'm facing a problem when it comes to
show aggregated availabilities ; for example think about an OpenShift pod
that is scaled up to several instances.

Since availability is basically "up" or "down" (or, to simplify with the
other states such as "unknown", say it's either "up" or "non-up"), I
propose to add this new feature: availability stats with aggregation. The
call would be parameterized with an aggregation method, which would be
either "all of" or "any of": with "all of" we consider that the aggregated
series is UP when all its parts are UP.

It would require a new endpoint since the AvailabilityHandler currently
only expose stats queries with metric id as query parameter - not suitable
for multiple metrics.

Any objection or remark for this feature?

Joel