[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular-metrics resource requirements questions

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 23:22:11 EST 2016

Hey Daniel,

Sorry for the late reply. The person who did all the compression work (gayak on freenode) probably will not be around much for the rest of the year. He would be the best person to answer questions on compression; however, I should have some numbers to report back to you tomorrow.

With respect to performance handling 100 samples/second is not a problem, but just like with any other Cassandra TSDB, your hardware configuration is going to be a big factor. If you do not have good I/O performance for the commit log, ingestion is going to suffer. I will let Stefan chime with some thoughts on EC2 instance types.

Lastly, we welcome and appreciate community involvement. Your use case sounds really interesting, and we’ll do our best to get your questions answered and get you up and running.

- John