[Hawkular-dev] moving okhttp library from 2.x to 3.x

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 13:17:09 EST 2016

We have been using version 2.x of the okhttp library and its associated WebSocket library.

Moving to the latest 3.x stream would keep us up-to-date and would be useful because we recently saw some odd behavior where the websocket library was spitting out warnings about resources leaking and that problem I think is fixed in the 3.x versions.

So I wrote this JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-1138

There are four PRs associated with that JIRA for parent-pom, commons, inventory, and agent that I need peer reviewed. We then need to publish these in an organized fashion (parent-pom first, then we move commons pulling in the new parent pom, then inventory and agent pulling in the new commons and parent pom).

Also: Metrics: I noticed hawkular-metrics defines a property for a VERY old okhttp version (2.0.0) but it doesn't seem to even be using it. See https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-metrics/search?q=squareup - I think metrics should get rid of that obsolete version property definition.

Does anyone know of anywhere else we are using okhttp?