[Hawkular-dev] approach for managing consistency with Cassandra

Joel Takvorian jtakvori at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 03:09:52 EST 2016

Thanks John, very interesting reading.

No luck for us in inventory, as there's essentially updates rather than
inserts, which is a bit more complicated than the solution described:
"generally
the client needs to be smart enough to merge updates based on a timestamp,
with a periodic batch job that cleans out obsolete inserts"

But now we're considering the alternative of reading/writing the whole
graph at once and process queries in memory. If "the whole graph" is too
big to fit in memory without problems, then we should find a way to
partition it.