[Hawkular-dev] Installer

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 05:44:57 EST 2016

i still don't get why it needs to be so complicated

If we do:
        <subsystem xmlns="urn:org.hawkular.agent:agent:1.0"
autoDiscoveryScanPeriodSecs="600"
enabled="{hawkular.embedded-agent.enabled}">
            <diagnostics enabled="true" interval="1" reportTo="LOG"
timeUnits="minutes"/>
            <storage-adapter
password="${hawkular.embedded-agent.password}""
serverOutboundSocketBindingRef="hawkular" type="HAWKULAR"
username="${hawkular.embedded-agent.username}"/>
 instead of putting the values directly (and we can even still default the
values).

Then we just need to provide a file such as:
     hawkular.properties
with
     hawkular.embedded-agent.enabled=true
     hawkular.embedded-agent.username=jdoe
     hawkular.embedded-agent.password=password

and start with:
sh standalone.sh -P hawkular.properties

IMO it's much easier for a user to read/modify the property files for the
things that are expected to be changed by the user rather than messing with
standalone.xml (it's still an option for die-hard users).

What am I missing ?

Thomas.