[Hawkular-dev] Use of jira trackers

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 13:52:53 EST 2016

Someone asked:

> I thought HAWKULAR project's metrics component means Hawkular-UI
> metrics component. Why is there a metrics component under
> Hawkular-JIRA? We have "HWKMETRICS" which should be used instead.
> Confusing.

HAWKULAR is the over all jira project for Hawkular.
Stuff that is needed for the overall project is recorded there.
For the individual subcomponents of Hawkular, we have
a jira-component and sometimes also a separate HWK*
tracker. Projects can use that to track their individual issues
or also breakdown of tasks  that were originally recorded
in HAWKULAR as a "top level" item.

Users that download Hawkular and find an issue will file
it in HAWKULAR and not chase the individual HWK* jira -
most often because they do not know about it.

Also release notes for Hakular are created from HAWKULAR
jira (only)
UI-specific work is recorded in the UI component of HAWKULAR

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn