[Hawkular-dev] Host agent ?

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 05:26:06 EST 2016

IMHO, rather than implement our own, we should try to leverage some of the
already existing solutions in this area like collectd and only write a simple?
"proxy" for it that would take its input and send relevant info to metrics,
inventory and/or other hawkular components. Essentially we should enhance
ptrans to be a true piece of hawkular glue.

This could even sit as a middleman on a remote machine (or indeed on the
hawkular server itself) and manage a number of "native" agents.