[Hawkular-dev] license checker error again

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 09:32:08 EST 2016

Hi *,

I found the root cause of this issue: Travis does just a shallow clone
with -depth=50. Because of this, the oldest commit of the shallow
history appears to change all files in the repo. If this commit has date
2016 then effectivelly all files that have not been changed since that
commit will appear to be last changed in 2016 which is not true for the
complete history. So the quick and elegant workaround is to unshallow
the clone by git fetch origin --unshallow e.g. under the install: section.

PR#155 solves this for Agent
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent/pull/155

I have just send analogous PRs to all other Hawkular repos.

Thanks,

Peter