[Hawkular-dev] [IMPORTANT] Alpha10: metrics protected by accounts

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 08:55:11 EST 2016

I changed the subject as it seems the original email was not noticed.

An update to the list of issues:

Le 05/02/2016 22:53, Thomas Segismont a écrit :
> # Clients which must work with different Metrics artifacts
>
> ## Hawkular Charts
>
> A switch must be implemented:
> - Standalone Metrics: set Hawkular-Tenant header
> - Hawkular: Basic Auth + Hawkular Persona (optional)
>
> I'm not sure how we should proceed with Hawkular Charts. Having the
> switch as a directive parameter would not be convenient.

Has anyone worked on this? I had no issues with a master build to
display URL response time charts.

> # Clients which must work with Hawkular only
>
> ## hawkular-ui-services
>
> We need to remove the Hawkular-Tenant header from the HTTP calls,
> otherwise Metrics will reject the requests as invalid (status 400)
> I will send a PR when I'm back (I'm out of office next week).

Jirka did it when I was OOO, thank you Jirka.

> ## Pinger and AvailCreator
>
> Since Pinger and AvailCreator need to work with any tenant, it seems
> impractical to require users to configure all credentials for HTTP Client.
>
> I've created HWKMETRICS-347 Hawkular Component should accept metric
> input from the bus. The PR is sent and ready for review.
> https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-metrics/pull/445
>
> If we agree on the principle of queues for metrics data input coming
> from Hawkular components, then we'll only have to update Pinger and
> AvailCreator so that they use the bus instead of an HTTP client.

Metrics 0.12.1 accepts data input from the bus. Pinger and Avail Creator
have been updated to work send data over the bus (thanks Juca for the
Pinger part).