[Hawkular-dev] ManageIQ / Hawkular - some questions

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 06:32:12 EST 2016

Hi Lucas

I would also be interested in understanding more about the Alerting mechanism.

Are you planning to do a feature comparison between Hawkular and ManageIQ in this area? i.e. does ManageIQ alerting support dampening etc.

>From the little I've seen of ManageIQ alerts at the moment, it appears driven by events (which I guess are identifying a situation to be reported) - but not clear how those events (i.e. the real trigger) is defined. Possibly this is where the split between responsibilities occurs, i.e. the provider (or underling manager) detects the situation, and then ManageIQ just provides a standard way to manage how that situation is used to inform/automate actions, etc.

I would like to understand how the metric data is analysed to detect alerts.

Regards
Gary