[Hawkular-dev] CanonicalPath should go to Commons

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 03:56:51 EST 2016

On Saturday, December 26, 2015 11:44:19 Peter Palaga wrote:
> Hi *, esp. Lukáš,
>
> Having org.hawkular.inventory.api.model.CanonicalPath in a separate
> maven module inside Hawkular Commons git repo would make the life easier
> for both Alerts and Command Gateway.
>
> For both Alerts and Command Gateway, CanonicalPath is the only class
> they need from Inventory. If CanonicalPath was hosted in Commons, both
> Alerts and Command Gateway could stop maintaining any dependency on
> Inventory and the overall dependency graph [1] could thus be made simpler.
>
> Lukáš, I remember I asked about this earlier, but do not precisely
> remember what was your reason for the denial?

I'm not particularly against such idea, the only thing being that
CanonicalPath would not be alone in such move because it has dependencies on
other classes from inventory.

At the same time, splitting the shared stuff out from the inventory module
makes sense so we should try it. Is there a JIRA for this?