[Hawkular-dev] RfD: Technical user

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 05:39:34 EST 2016

For the HAWKULAR-882 issue: I think this problem should be delegated to
the "Wildfly" part of Hawkular. Just like we can add/remove data
sources, it should be possible to change the email settings, or
add/remove caches, and so on. So, no technical user would be needed.

For HAWKULAR-876, I don't think this as a problem with the product
itself. Yes, it would be interesting to have it for demo purposes, but I
guess that we'll "guess" wrong most of the times. So, I'd vote to keep
it as it is: on -Pdev, it uses jdoe. On non-dev builds, it waits for an
user to configure the agent. In my opinion, it would be confusing to use
the "first registered user", and potentially dangerous.

For HAWKULAR-801, I have a similar opinion as for -882: if it can be
activated by JMX, it can be done within the "Application Servers" tab.
If a Cassandra can be detected in the environment, then allow some
operations.

I *really* don't see a need for a "technical" user (or a "root",
"rhqadmin", or whatever the name would be).

- Juca.