[Hawkular-dev] Installer

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 03:04:02 EST 2016

On 26.01.2016 22:47, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> After seeing the work involved in prior products' installers, it is my recommendation we do everything in our power to avoid writing a custom installer and to not worry about covering all customization/configuration possibilities.

+1, I'd rather see more documentation for our configuration
flags/switches/values than an installer. I don't have data to back this,
but I believe that most environments Hawkular will be used for real are
being handled by sysadmins managing their systems with tools like
Ansible/Puppet/Chef. So, the installation/configuration process for
Hawkular should be friendly to those tools, but nothing else.

*At most*, we could provide a sample configuration files for
development/trial/demo environments, as we have with the "for-dev"
Keycloak realm (which ships with jdoe/password).

- Juca.