[Hawkular-dev] how to avoid required sysprops

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 08:40:49 EST 2016

Before the keycloak.server.url, we did have a feature where we would try
to determine the IPs and ports that we are running. The problem is that
a Keycloak "ticket" issued via "localhost:8080" cannot be validated by a
server on "127.0.0.1:8080" (there's an "issuer" field on the OAuth, and
any mismatch there *has* to fail the validation).

So, we need a "consistent" way to reach the Keycloak server, hence the
property. We could try to tweak the port offset, but that solves only
part of the problem.

Note also that Keycloak *will* be somewhere else in production
environments, so, we do need this property in a way or another. What we
could improve, though, is how to make the "default" value smarter.

If we have some sort of installer, do we assume then that users won't
change the port offset? If so, I could make a "first boot" routine that
would set the default value of the property to the appropriate offset,
while leaving the host as "localhost".

- Juca.