[Hawkular-dev] agent error

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 05:14:38 EST 2016

On 29 Jan 2016, at 10:41, Lucas Ponce wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So, now in Hawkular, any request from client sending a Hawkular-Tenant
> header should respond a 400 error, am I right ?
>
> In Hawkular Alerts we have the two scenarios:
>
> - In Hawkular if the header exist is simply overwritten with the
> tenant injected by accounts, I can change that to return a 400 as
> similar as Metrics is doing now.
>
> - In standalone scenarions, clients are expected to use
> Hawkular-Tenant header to idenfity the tenant. This has not changed if
> I read correctly.

I am not too happy about that differentiation, as client code
now needs to know if talking to a hawkular server or "metrics
only".
Just take the ruby client, that is used to talk to hawkular-metrics
on openshift on one side and in the ManageIQ provide code to
full Hawkular servers.
Of course it is doable, but probably adds to confusion.