[Hawkular-dev] List of endpoints in components

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 09:41:57 EDT 2016

Due to a bug in the listing of endpoints in inventory (something I never
really paid attention to, because it seemed like this was autogenerated from
Resteasy metadata) I started thinking about what is actually returned from
that endpoint.

The format is somewhat spartan:

[{"uri": "...", "methods": ["GET", "POST", ...]}, ...]

Now during the build, all the Hawkular components use something much more
complete and elaborate - the swagger.json - which we use to generate the API
documentation for hawkular.org.

I think it would be much better if the endpoint listing actually returned the
swagger.json instead of the above format lacking much of the information
available in swagger.

What do you think?

This would obviously break the current users but would be much more helpful
for API consumers given the richness of the swagger format and the amount of
information we include.

--
Lukas Krejci