[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular.org

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 10:10:01 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Thomas Heute <theute at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Stefan Negrea <snegrea at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I really like this last revision because the content is sectioned along
>> the way we deliver to users. So when a user navigates the website, the
>> content is always related to what they can directly download and use and
>> not mixed together.
>>
>> I have 3 small proposals:
>> 1) Hawkular and Overview can be combined into one Hawkular Overview or
>> Hawkular (which has the overview of the projects).
>>

> This is more an issue with the representation in the mindmap I think.
> Hawkular is really the homepage: http://www.hawkular.org/index.html and I
> think we can remove the link since the link on the logo does the same thing
> and it's quite a UXD standard.
> Overview is a more detailed page:
> http://www.hawkular.org/docs/overview.html a user should find it's way
> among the various projects.

As long as we do not have two top menu entries, one for Hawkular and one
for Overview, then the proposal makes sense.

>> 2) The Grafana plugin should be moved under Metrics because is for
>> Metrics and only Metrics.
>>

> The Grafana plugins works with Metrics and Services

But it is a Metrics specific integration, no other services will ever
integrate with Grafana.

>> 3) Hawkular Server should be renamed Hawkular Services because that the
>> official project name.
>>

> OTOH I would not want a totally separate structure for Hawkular Services
> *and* Hawkular Community, as they are very much the same except for some
> installation process (have to install C* separately or not) and maybe for
> additional parts in Community. The idea was to combined both into a single
> concept of server.

Agree here, what I suggested is that Hawkular Community is just a
subsection in the Hawkular Services; and not two different sections. That
will give more visibility to the concept of Hawkular Services rather than
promote the unused name of Hawkular Server .