[Hawkular-dev] errors when embedding c*

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 12:33:19 EDT 2016

> We have embedded C* today using the maven 'embeddedc' profile.
> HOWEVER, I can tell you that that still doesn't work quite right
> some components throw errors at startup and you usually have to
> shutdown the h-server, restart it, and usually (not always) things
> start working again.

Whether we embed C* in -services or in another distro, either way, we have a problem.

I'm sure all of us have seen this at one time or another :)

It seems if I restart the server, most times (not all) I no longer see these errors. I have no idea if this is just going to cause problems in alerts, or if there are other problems we'll see. But I see lots of these kinds of errors:

2016-07-05 11:06:21,747 ERROR [org.jboss.as.ejb3.invocation] (Thread-127 (ActiveMQ-client-global-threads-913106351)) WFLYEJB0034: EJB Invocation failed on component CacheManager for method public java.util.Set org.hawkular.alerts.bus.init.CacheManager.getActiveDataIds(): javax.ejb.ConcurrentAccessTimeoutException: WFLYEJB0241: EJB 3.1 PFD2 4.8.5.5.1 concurrent access timeout on CacheManager - could not obtain lock within 5000MILLISECONDS
	at org.hawkular.alerts.bus.init.CacheManager$$$view16.getActiveDataIds(Unknown Source)
	at org.hawkular.alerts.bus.listener.MetricDataListener.onBasicMessage(MetricDataListener.java:82)
	at org.hawkular.alerts.bus.listener.MetricDataListener.onBasicMessage(MetricDataListener.java:50)
	at org.hawkular.bus.common.consumer.BasicMessageListener.onBasicMessage(BasicMessageListener.java:77)
	at org.hawkular.bus.common.consumer.BasicMessageListener.onMessage(BasicMessageListener.java:63)