[Hawkular-dev] agent using custom metric IDs

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 04:54:57 EDT 2016

+1

In general, id should be treated more from an abstract thing.

At the end, bringing some knowledge about how the id is built is a bad thing.

It is a technical debt that now we are suffering in MiQ and at some point we need to address.

id should we similar as an UUID, IMO, nothing that you should use to extract business info, for that we can include additional properties as Mike comments.