[Hawkular-dev] Identification of WildFly in container in a Kube/Openshift env

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 11:14:15 EDT 2016

On 28 Jul 2016, at 15:31, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:

> Do you mean that the contents of v1 are different of that for v2?

Yes.

> If it is important to have consistent feed-ids across the whole life
> of the application, then I see no other option than to "force" the
> consumer to specify a feed-id on the image building process.

I did not say that :)
What I said is that for the 'foobar' application we want to have a
continuity of the recorded data even if the version changed.
In my post some days ago I wrote:

> For these  user cases we should probably abstract this to the level
> of a flock. We want to monitor the size of the flocks and also when
> flock members die and are born, but no longer try to identify
> individual members. We brand them to denote being part of the flock.

We can put labels on the deployments and those labels are reported
back into the Hawkular. So even if the feed id changes we can still
identify that the server/node belongs to 'foobar'.