[Hawkular-dev] Identification of WildFly in container in a Kube/Openshift env

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 14:09:02 EDT 2016

Are multiple servers/agents per container a possibility?  If so we'd
need to append a differentiator to the container identifier.

Also, with respect to a feedid based on deployments, isn't it possible
that multiple containers run the same deployments for load-balancing
purposes?  Wouldn't that result in multiple agents running with the same
feedid?  Anyway, It seems if we could derive a feedid from the
container, with perhaps a new token like autogenerate-from-container,
that could be a nice way to easily identify a feed for a container.
This doesn't solve the issue of replacing a stopped container with a new
container, thus generating new inventory and orphaning the existing
inventory.  But in that situation I think we may just want to look for a
decent way to kill that inventory, like TTL or something.