[Hawkular-dev] something is not right with hawkular-services websockets

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 13:08:46 EDT 2016

There is something wrong with Hawkular-Services, specifically, the websocket stuff.

I'm having a hard time getting its embedded agent to create and maintain its websocket - many times it gets closed with an odd reason code of 1006 (no other explanation). In addition, sometimes (a lot of times) when I try to connect to it via websockets using a third-party tool, I'm getting the same behavior (code 1006).

The end result is we can't send messages to the embedded agent over that command-gateway stuff. It is very unstable, unlike the previous hawkular server distro (which was very reliable and always worked). I don't know what changed, but something did when we moved to hawkular-services builds.

As part of this, I'm also suspecting there is a problem with the ActiveMQ message bus stuff - I'm not convinced messages are always flowing correctly - but that could just be a result of the cmdgw stuff and how subscribers are removed when websocket clients are disconnected.