[Hawkular-dev] Removal of embedded Cassandra

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 06:20:11 EDT 2016

Team,

As mentioned on IRC, we should not ship an embedded Cassandra with
Hawkular Services. Here are a couple of approaches we can follow to
accomplish that:

- Keep everything as is, but change the default value for
`hawkular.backend` to `remote` instead of the current `embedded_cassandra`

- Remove the embedded Cassandra entirely from Nest. This has
implications on how the integration tests are executed: we'd need to
ensure that each integration test suite starts an embedded Cassandra
before the test is executed. Or use an approach like Metrics, which
requires Cassandra to be running before the tests are started.

Which approach should be the one to follow?

- Juca.