[Hawkular-dev] Removal of embedded Cassandra

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 08:22:19 EDT 2016

> On 14.06.2016 12:58, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> > On 14 Jun 2016, at 12:20, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
> >
> >> before the test is executed. Or use an approach like Metrics, which
> >> requires Cassandra to be running before the tests are started.
> >
> > Yes, +1
> >

> Alright, that adds a bit of complexity, as developers have to remember
> to start Cassandra before running tests. But I think it's a fair price
> to pay.

The added complexity is minimal really. For 'pip install ccm' works on all
platforms (well, Windows devs must install Python first)

And then you can create/manage the cluster you need in the version you
need. In just a few commands.

https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm

> I'll start working on that then, but we can keep discussing this :)
>
> - Juca.

Thomas Segismont
JBoss ON Engineering Team