[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular.org

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 08:31:12 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Gary Brown <gbrown at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently only have one observation - under User Guide it has Hawkular
> Server and Hawkular Metrics - however I believe Metrics is part of Hawkular
> Server.

is *also* part of Hawkular server, yes.

So should the User Guide be broken down into functional areas, rather than
> be based on packaging, as I guess that its usage will be the same (mostly)
> whether standalone or packaged? And where differences occur, then the guide
> can highlight the differences?

Yes that the dilemma. As a user I think I would prefer based on packaging
as I want to have the documentation for what I am running, today there is a
split per functional area (actually it's per "component"), it makes it
harder to grasp what one can do and how, plus it's missing the link between
the components, as how to use them together.

Thomas.