[Hawkular-dev] Some progress on Dockerization of Hawkular-services

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 08:50:57 EDT 2016

On 17 Jun 2016, at 12:37, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> The next step is now to figure out how to only apply our changes and
> not
> supply the base wildfly into the conatiner. I certainly need help from
> someone
> with maven-fu :)

I have this now in the docker-dist3
module
https://github.com/pilhuhn/hawkular-services/tree/dockerize-all-the-things/docker-dist3

As before:
$ mvn -Pdev install
$ mvn cd docker-dist3
$ mkdir -p /tmp/opt/hawkular
$ mvn docker:build
$ mvn docker:start

== Http2/ssl

Dockerizing of services could now also allow to also
add the correct alpn jar to the container to enable http2,
as the underlying JVM is known and constant (until the
underlying base image changes)

$ docker run -it hawkular/hawkular-services-mvn3 bash
[root at 275fc8b436f7 jboss]# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)

So according to
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/alpn-chapter.html#alpn-versions

for 1.8.0u91 alpn 8.1.7.v20160121 is required, which
can be retrieved from
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.mortbay.jetty.alpn/alpn-boot

There is a guide for further work on this
http://undertow.io/blog/2015/03/26/HTTP2-In-Wildfly.html

It requires SSL though and also away to configure this.