[Hawkular-dev] Some progress on Dockerization of Hawkular-services

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 09:42:57 EDT 2016

On 17 Jun 2016, at 15:25, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> So I assume what you mean by "hard" is you can't CHANGE the docker
> image after it is built. Right? Just making sure that is what you
> mean.

Yes. Mostly
There seems to be a way of mounting an image as data image of another
container and then from this other container modifying the original
one.
See "Using the Dockerfile for provisioning" in
http://oliverguenther.de/2015/05/docker-containers-for-development/
but I am not yet sure what exactly happens.
I think Roland Huss may be able to enlighten us a bit on this.

> To enable the agent would involve running a jboss cli command:
>
> ./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=127.0.0.1 \

I think you can do all that -- see
https://goldmann.pl/blog/2014/07/23/customizing-the-configuration-of-the-wildfly-docker-image/#_summary

You have probably seen that I mount /opt/hawkular from inside the
container to /tmp/opt/hawkular on the host.
If we would move the config into /opt/hawkular, it would be writable
and even modifiable from outside of the container (of course it would
still need a restart in the current state).

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn