[Hawkular-dev] hawkular services with embedded c profile - need PR reviewed/merged

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 08:14:19 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> On 20 Jun 2016, at 21:57, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
>
> > That said, I suggest -Paio (all-in-one) for the profile name :)
>
> Which reminds me that we (Hi Stefan :-) are working on an AIO
> download which then indeed includes embedded-Cassandra,
> hawkular-services and explorer UI.
> Perhaps that build could also satisfy that "C* for developers" need(?)

Which tells me we probably shouldn't call this maven profile "aio" since it may be confused with that hawkular build (i.e. it really isn't all in one because it won't have that explorer UI for one thing). This maven profile only includes embedded C* and is part of the hawkular-services repo, not the hawkular repo.

And as we just saw with Austin's timely post, it is clear to me that we need to provide this - let's make it as easy as possible for people to start doing development on Hawkular. Why put more roadblocks in their way when we don't need to? It also makes it easier on people like me who don't want to deal with it when I don't have to. :)