[Hawkular-dev] "Matter" support in Hawkular

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 04:11:57 EST 2016

I think the point is where this concept belongs (MiQ or the provider, or somewhere in the middle).

I see valid that a provider have events that are forwarded to MiQ.

As it is commented, these events can go from different degree of complexities (from quite simple, or even more complicated, with rules to generate this).

How to configure/manage this on the provider is the key, as Gary comments, possible options could be REST only, or even UI.

My point is that we are introducing a new concept in MiQ which is the application point of view, so, perhaps the whole Policy mechanism of MiQ is not enough to offer the richness that an application point of view from middleware perspective needs, so having the way to define these events in the provider is ok.

Lucas