[Hawkular-dev] "Matter" support in Hawkular

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 04:30:45 EST 2016

On 1 Mar 2016, at 10:02, Gary Brown wrote:

> Although having "out of the box" canned triggers defined, it may also
> still be good to provide users with a customisation mechanism to
> define their own alert triggers - which create "events" for MiQ to
> consume and react to.

I think this depends on the use case you want to address.
We need to make sure not to confuse users with basically
two places in the UI to set up "alerts" - one in the provider
integration and one in the 'automate' and 'control' sections
of the MiQ UI.

Actually before sending my original mail I had a section
about configuring some details of those canned triggers
via e.g. a config file.

> Users could just use the REST APIs - but still may be more user
> friendly to offer some form of UI. This shouldn't be an issue, if it
> is considered configuration/customisation of the provider?

Yes. If it is clearly not duplicating the treatment of
the MiQ-events that already exists and rather configures
the way the provider initially sets up the translation
from Hawkular-internals to MiQ-Events.