[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics - Roadmap

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 09:27:21 EDT 2016

The algorithm was indeed flawed, but I think the feature could be a big one. For those not familiar, in RHQ we used averages. http://apmblog.dynatrace.com/2012/11/14/why-averages-suck-and-percentiles-are-great/ <http://apmblog.dynatrace.com/2012/11/14/why-averages-suck-and-percentiles-are-great/> is a nice article that explains why using averages is not good. I think that adding support for a histogram metric type that is calculated on the server gets a lot of what we need.